WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Chicago Show

Hi I just got home from 2 days at the International Quilt Festival in Chicago. I saw Holice and said "hello" from the BB and saw Alex Anderson. She was autographing her books. The most memorable part of the show for me was seeing "The Supper" quilt in person. (The quilt of DaVinci's The Last Supper.) The maker, Don Locke, and his wife were there and I got his autograph on a postcard of the quilt. What nice and gracious people they are and what an astonishing work of art! Of course, the quilts in the show were gorgeous and so many, many treasures to be found in all the vendors' booths. I'm looking foward to hearing from others who went to the show this year.
Janell im SE Wisconsin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home