WWQP Bulletin Board

Friday, February 8, 2008

Gizmos


While cleaning my sewing room yesterday (Yayyyy!), I found a couple gizmos. The spring-loaded scissors were hanging on my bulletin board (evidently I thought I would be better able to find them there) along with the bobbin thingy. I don't remember where I got the scissors...I hope someone can tell me what they are for (surgery??). (Maybe my online Q buddy sent them to me?? Her memory is better than mine. LOL).

The rotary hook is for an unknown sewing machine (Singer? Kenmore?) It has JG2 stamped inside so if someone can use it, I'll mail it free. Can't bring myself to toss it as the point or hook is in excellent condition. That is, unless nobody wants it, in which case it goes in File 13.

As for the folding scissors? These are my very favorite scissors to use at the machine and I included them just to tell you that they are perfect for snipping threads and dog ears from pieced blocks. I've had other folding scissors that were worthless. This pair is sharp, and the compact size is perfect for use at the machine. The brand is Conklin and, believe it or not, made in the U.S.

Since the sewing room is clean (even my computer desk looks presentable), I hope to get in some major sewing today. I'm wanting to complete a simple bedspread for summer use on our bed. I very much dislike the pouffy winter comforter and as soon as cold weather disappears that pouffy puffy comforter will go into storage till next winter. What is it, anyway, with all these store displays of huge humongous bedding options? Piles and piles of comforters slithering and sliding, slooping and slopping. I prefer the flatness of a quilt. Easier to make the bed. LOL

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home