WWQP Bulletin Board

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Three Pillows - Or a Dress, Two Napkins and a Tea Towel

I don't have a quilt in the works right now, but I like to be sewing on SOMEthing! Here are three small projects that I recently completed. These nifty pillow covers are made from a linen blend dress (the green), two napkins from the clearance shelf, and a vintage tea towel.

The green dress was found at a yard sale, new with tags, for a mere pittance. I was too big to wear it (it was too small LOL), but I loved the hem. It was self-lined and I included the lining when I turned it into a pillow case.

As for the striped table napkins ... they were new so I pre-washed to shrink the cotton fabric and simply stitched on the hem line (they have a nice wide 1-inch turned hem.

The tea towel is vintage but had a huge hole on one end. Still, it was a lovely design and I recycled it to a pillow cover. Yes, I know the lime-green doesn't go too well with the reds -- I placed it on the sofa for the photo and then returned it to the bedroom where it fits right in with the color scheme.

So what kinds of sewing projects have You been working on lately?

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home