WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My Latest Quilt

Here are the first eight blocks of my latest shirt quilt. I suppose some might say that a true scrappy quilt will have stripes and plaids aimed in all different directions. That may be so, but my compulsive nature insists that one fabric's stripes within a block be aimed all in the same direction. No helter skelter allowed. I could probably say that I was taught to sew this way, that stripes and plaids must be treated in an exact manner, cut on the straight and narrow so to speak, with grain lined up exactly. But truly I think that even if I had not learned this in the sewing of garments, my impulse to have everything "just right" would still insist that fabrics be cut in a proper manner. Some might think that leaves creativity on the table, but no, I don't believe that. Creativity can co-exist with orderliness. LOL.
This will be a nap-size quilt, which means it will be 4 blocks wide, 5 blocks long. That is, unless I just can't stop. LOL
JudyPete

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home