WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Red Sneeze




JudyPete has named my creation for the British "Explosion of Colour" challenge that I posted about weeks ago. I showed her this digital photo of my progress on my creation which is made so that the pieced segment truly bulges out and away from the glittery fabric used as the background and told her I was stuck for a title. Like the true friend she is she emailed me with a list of five or six choices and "The Red Sneeze" seemed to suit this piece to a T. Now I have to figure out how to finish it .... after all, it does need to be quilted somehow ... and a sleeve has to be made .... and maybe it needs some glittery things added. But once again I am showing you how I have fun leaping off another quilting cliff.

And now that Judy in Ar has added a comment about changing the direction so that the "sneeze" is aimed skyward, I'll pester you with a total of three photos! The top photo shows you how this piece might be stretching the definition of what makes a quilted wallhanging. LOL

Judy

6 Comments:

  • At May 30, 2007 at 8:05 PM , Blogger judy in ar said...

    I was wondering if you considered putting the red points in a bottom corner. It would look like the sneeze was going out into the universe since the navy background looks like a night starry sky.

     
  • At May 31, 2007 at 1:51 AM , Blogger judy in ar said...

    Now I'm really going to go out on a limb. I don't care so much for the top pic. But now with the points in the bottom corner a nice bright yellow border around the whole thing would really be an "explosion of color." Bright yellow--maybe a batik explosive yellow/orange/red, something in that family--like a yellow blaze.

     
  • At May 31, 2007 at 1:53 AM , Blogger judy in ar said...

    Oops, now I feel remorseful at being so presumptuous at suggesting things for your wallhanging. It is your project afterall. But I love color--that is my favorite part of the quilt process--putting the colors together.

     
  • At May 31, 2007 at 6:08 AM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Judy in ar, the top photo was meant to show you how the pieced segment is detached from the background, how "floppy" it could be if I didn't tack it down. The red pieced segment "pooches" out from the background in a dimensional way when I pin it up rather like some dingaling made something that doesn't fit (but I did that on purpose). The yellow border is a neat idea but I cannot add a border because the rules state the piece's size is a max of 24" x 24" and that's what I have right now. I enjoyed reading your suggestions .... that's why I put the photos on the BB, hoping for ideas from other BBers.

    Judy

     
  • At May 31, 2007 at 9:00 AM , Blogger Brenda in Nn Ontario said...

    I'm with Judy in ar; I like the "sneezing into the universe" look. Love the colours.
    Brenda in Nn Ontario

     
  • At May 31, 2007 at 8:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I really like your burst of color. Haven't started mine yet but it's cooking in my head.
    Milli

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home