WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, May 3, 2007

A quick question

What to you all use inside quilted potholders? I have Warm n Natural, which I assume will work, but wasn't sure just how many layers to use or if I needed to get some type of heat resistant fabric to put in, too. Now I'm wishing I hadn't thrown out that old ironing board cover when we moved!

Found the fabric for these when Betty in Oregon and I went to the Fabric Depot in Portland last Saturday. There was a panel with placemat and potholders on it...just happened to have chickens and the exact color my DD is using in her newly remodeled kitchen. How could I resist?

Kathi

2 Comments:

  • At May 5, 2007 at 10:52 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Kathi - I've made potholders using warm & natural inside and using the silver fabric, like on ironing board covers, on the back. I found it at JoAnn's. I did some quilting through the top fabric and the batting, just to hold the layers together, then put the silver fabric on the back and put the binding on. I found a walking foot helps greatly! NancyH

     
  • At May 6, 2007 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

    Kathi!!!!!!!
    How come you didn't tell me you were coming?
    Bummer, I'm so sorry I missed you,
    I live about 10 minutes from BFD(Big Fabric Depot) I was just there Thurs.
    Maybe next time.
    Jill

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home