WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Part of comment #9

Here is part of comment #9 so you won't have to look for it.
"In actuality, Ms. Sala’s quilt was judged to be the third place winner in the “Quilted for Hire” category of A Mountain Quiltfest. Through an administrative error she was notified that her quilt had won second place. When she was informed that an error had occurred, she was so upset that the decision was made to upgrade her prize package to the second place level, which included a check in the amount of $250. "

This is an out-and-out lie. The week after the show I received a letter from the City stating I had tied for second place and included a check for $250, which is the 2nd place money (3rd place was $150). I called their office upon receipt of the letter and asked if it were correct -- they stated yes, indeed it was, enjoy the $$. I said great! I was already honored to have received 3rd place. As I already have written, after that I asked for a red ribbon, returned the white one, etc. etc. At no time has anyone said they were not making the ribbons any more.

So their "cover-up" continues. The issue now is not the ribbon, but their inexcusable treatment of me and all the lying. So much for the public trust. You can bet your bippy the City of Pigeon Forge will never see another quilt of mine nor another dime spent there.

I won't be posting any more of this fiasco here, it is taking its toll on me both mentally and physically. Lavinia-TN

1 Comments:

  • At May 3, 2007 at 12:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This whole thing has been unbelievable and fascinating. "What a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive."
    Take a deep breath now.
    Milli

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home