WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Fourth Annual Airing of the Quilts

Here's a reminder of something that's fun to do. Almost all of my quilts this year were Project Linus quickies and are gone. However, I do have one I made for my DH and one for a friend that I can photograph for this "tradition" that is carried out by members of the About.com quilting forum. Come and join us in the fresh air ...

Judy


4th Annual International Airing of the Quilts - June 2, 2007

"This is your chance to show off what you've been up to and to give your quilts a little fresh air. Please join all our forum friends (and their friends too) for the 4th Annual International Airing of the Quilts. Hang your beauties outside for an hour or two to air, snap a pic and email it to me [DorothyA] at airingofthequilts@yahoo.com. Beginning June 2nd, I'll post them in a new Webshots album, and we'll have our own international quilt show! Please pass the word along to anyone who might like to participate. If the weather cooperates, this could be huge! DorothyA"

2 Comments:

  • At May 13, 2007 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

    I wanted to do this last year & didn't get to it, maybe this time.
    I know my quilts would love a little fresh air & refolding. Most of my quilts are collected, not made by me, I usually gives those away too Judy.
    I wonder how I could put some temporary clothes lines up, wonder if I could pound some rebar in the ground? I have been wondering how many I have, this would be a good way to find out.

     
  • At May 13, 2007 at 12:16 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    I've seen some quilters send in photos of quilts draped over shrubs, lawn chairs, porch railings and such. The quilts can be partially draped over each other as well so you don't see 100% of each quilt, just partial views of many quilts draped around and over each other. Think of a badly organized yard sale .... LOL

    Judy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home