WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, May 6, 2007

A Happy Quilt Show Experience

We've been reading about Lavinia's happy/unhappy experience with her entry in a very large quilt show but sometimes a BBer has a totally pleasant and exciting experience to share. She sent me this report and I will toot her horn for her ... she's someone who rarely posts so I've obscured her identity.

"Just wanted to share that my quilt was shown in a gallery (!) as part of the Paducah Lowertown Arts District Quilt Walk. It was juried in, but didn't win any awards. I'm still excited about having it shown in such a neat venue!

Here's the link that lists the artists shown:
http://aynex.com/QuiltWalk/index.html

Click on "Past Exhibit" and you will see all the quilts that were shown. Mine is one of those in the right-hand column (mouse over the pics to see them pop up)."

The names of the quilt makers are listed under the quilts but not their hometowns. I think this was an excellent show that gave quilt makers a chance to "strut their stuff" in many locations with out crowding against each other. Cool idea. I especially liked the "peacock lady" in the left column .... clever idea.

How do people come up with those clever ideas anyway???!!

Judy

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home