WWQP Bulletin Board

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Quilts for those in need after tragedies

Hi,
While roaming around Australia I stopped at an information center in a small community out of Canberra. There were many bush fires in Australia a few years ago. Many homes in the Sydney and Canberra area were lost. Pamelaxxx had co-ordinated the making of quilts to be given to those who lost their homes. I'd sent some fabric to Pamela for that project. While talking to the fellow in the information center I happened to mention I make quilts. He immediately said that he had lost his home in the fires and had been the recipient of a quilt and an afghan. He talked of how much he and his family appreciated the quilt and afghan. I told him I'd sent fabric over and he seemed intent on letting me know how much being the recipient during that time meant to him and his family. He wanted the message get back to those who gave that the items were cherished and meant a lot to those who had lost so much.

Being able to meet randomly and casually with someone who received in this manner added an extra special touch to my trip. Thank you to Pamela and all the others who took part in that (and other) projects!

Mary in Oregon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home