WWQP Bulletin Board

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Rosey

Sorry, Rosey, I've had several questions this week on machines and since I've slept since, didn't remember that yours was one of the Canadian machines that we don't have records on. Maybe one of these days you'll find a cabinet worthy of that lovely old machine. I'm betting with a bit of oil and love, she will continue to sew a fine seam for another 100 years. She will use regular needles, unlike some of my old dears. In the pictures, I can't see if there's a motor boss on the right side under the hand wheel? If there is, you could get a reproduction hand crank to bolt on, and use her as a hand crank machine, in a wooden base. When I got my first hand crank machine, I thought it would be very difficult to sew with one hand and crank with the other, but I found it was really very simple, and you have absolute stitch by stitch control of the sewing process for getting tricky areas just right.

Pat in Rockport, TX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home