WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, March 4, 2007

quilt for a friend

My best friend was shopping with me, and we stopped at a quilt shop. She is not a quilter, but she routinely enables my addiction!
Anyway, she found a fabric that exactly matched her wallpaper. She had been trying to find a bedspread she liked for more than a year, and had not found one. She asked me if I would make her a quilt. She bought the fabric, and several coordinating pieces, with my help. I picked the pattern. I told her up front that I would not quilt it for her, as I cannot machine quilt a king sized quilt on my machine at home. She's going to buy the batt and pay for having it quilted. Before we started, I made sure she understood how much that would cost. I've probably spent another $50 on fabric just because I prefer to have more variety in my fabrics rather than less. I also have not used all of what she bought, and that's going in my stash. My time is a donation of love. I wouldn't do it for anyone else, and she knows it.
Laura

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At March 4, 2007 at 10:32 AM , Blogger Jane in NC said...

    Good morning Laura. You are indeed,a good friend. Please post a picture of the top when it's done.

    You are the lucky recipient of today's comment as that seems to be the only way I can get logged into the blog. However, the comment above is sincere.

    Hope your weather is peaceful today. We have sunshine and lake wind warnings as well as snow flurries predicted for today. Spring is threatening to come through though.

    Jane in NC

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home