WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, March 3, 2007

pricing quilts

I'd rather give a quilt away than ask for money but I do have a shop thatI can put quilts in to sell. No problem having someone else ask for money! They take 25% on a sale and the ones that seem to move the most are the small (lap size) ones priced at $150.
We all know how hard it is to put a price on a quilt. Things like color, pattern, and quality can make a difference.
I had a lady ask me how much it would cost for me to make a quilt from her husband's neck ties. Without missing a beat I said, "An awful lot of money!". Come to think of it, she hasn't mentioned it again.
A little test I make for myself is to ask myself "Would I make it again for that amount of money?" If the answer is NO I have it priced too low.
Milli in MA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home