WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

PI SHAWL

The shawl comes from "math" the sequence of pi. you start with 3 stitches and increase outwards, I was to over 5000 stitches at the end and then put the little edging on, eleven stitches out for each one on the round shawl. Yep a lot of knitting. but oh worth it. I'm working on a hand dyed purple one now for myself. :)

I loved the kitties and 30's quilts. I'm doing grandmother's flowergarden with some and made a 12 block quilt with purple prints. I collect them also. But I truly have stopped buying fabric, unless for backs or borders. I'm determined to use up what I have and keep finding, all over I sure have some keen hiding places. :)

Such a lovely day and I hope we have more. My voice is still not back from the rollar coaster ride on the sand dunes Sunday. lol

The Prince has his Venus Fly Trap plant now and spent the day looking for ants to feed it, plant went home with mom tonight :) but he promised to bring it back in one week, Nana. lol

hugs
ter

2 Comments:

  • At March 15, 2007 at 9:08 AM , Blogger Cher in BC said...

    Terter, I'm so glad that you were able to get a picture of your shawl posted. It looks like it must have been alot of work but so worth it. It looks beautiful in the picture so is probably even more so in person. The purple one will be awesome! My favourite colour.
    Cher in BC

     
  • At March 16, 2007 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Lightning57~ Sandra from SC said...

    I love these shawls too. You did a great job of it.
    Please email me at lightningsjATjunoDOTcom
    change the AT and DOT and I'll be happy to answer all your questions about my DJ if you'll answer my questions about the shawl.

    BTY, most all of the blocks are paper pieced or a combination of paper piecing and applique.

    Sandra from SC

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home