WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Newey brass pins

Pat, I think that they may be made in Germany and I may source them out in the UK...but I'm going to search around in NA for them first. They are used in embroidery, bobbin lace work, etc., are fine, sharp, do bend in time as they are brass, don't rust and slip through the fabric like butter. I've used them for years and my pins are dwindling down. I need to replace them. My hands at my age reflect both osteo arthritis and my exposure to chemicals six years ago, which left them disfigured over a period of one week. Thus, I can't handle small pins, needles, anything that requires some dexterity. These pins are just great. I'll keep searching.

Rosey

2 Comments:

  • At March 14, 2007 at 9:09 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Rosey, check out this lace-maker in New York State (I think she's in New York) for she offers something that is "as good as" Newey pins: http://www.vansciverbobbinlace.com/Pins.html

    Sometimes "progress" means we can't get what we used to get. You want to try this substitute if you find the "real thing" has become prohibitively expensive with the dollar not doing well against the Euro and the British pound.

    Judy

     
  • At May 21, 2007 at 7:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Rosey,

    Did you ever find the Newey Pins? Several of us are searching for them as well? If you located them can you post where you found them?

    Thanks
    Ronnie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home