WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Post from Karen

Hi ladies,

Karen posted this on the former BB so just in case not all still check there, this is what she posted:

Date: 2/6/07 Time: 10:26 PMSubject: Big Thanks & updateName: Karen in KS
Just wanted to post a quick note to say thanks to all the ladies who have sent me blocks. It has really been a bright spot in my day to get the mail, and receive the beautiful blocks and the loving notes. It really helps to know I have so many people who care. I just don't have time right now to acknowledge each one individually, but I do appreciate all of them. I will go ahead and post the names, so you know that I've received your block. Big thanks to Bunny, Mary L., Marie P., Kathy B., Mayme W., Pat N., Silvia H., Marge C., Pat D., Helen V., Marge H., Pat S., Lavinia S., Grace K., Maxine G., Bertie D., Meredith H., Elda H., Pat H., Mary K., Jane B.

Not really any improvement. Mom is having problems with nausea now. They are trying another med to help with it. I've spent the last 2 days with her, and she has slept most of the time I've been there. Don't know if this is her body trying to fight everything, or if it is a sign she is getting weaker. They are doing everything they can to keep her comfortable, but they can do nothing to fight the cancer. It's like a big bomb has been dropped into our lives. She found out she had cancer, ended up in the hospital 2 days later, and will most likely never come home.

Dad is doing really well. He is settling into the nursing home. The staff has been wonderful and have brought him over to see Mom at least once a week. She is in the hospital in a town 23 miles from the nursing home.

Once again, thanks for all the blocks, notes, prayers etc. I really do appreciate all of them. I've learned lots of patience in the past month. I've also learned to live life one day, one hour, one minute at a time.
Hugs& Happy Quilting!Karen in KS

This is the current update on Karen's parents and I would like to ask that you still keep them in your prayers and thoughts. And especially thank you ladies for sending comfort blocks. They do mean so much especially at times like this.

Helen in SW FL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home