WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I'll try the picture posting again.. some help required

not my first attempt.. and some users asked for more info about my system and how I attempted the upload. So here goes.


I have

XP sp2

IE 6.0
JPEG 70.9 KB 640 x 480 dimension..
no problem finding my file and uploading..
after I upload.. the image returns as a block that I can size, but it only contains a red X.. when I size the 'image box' the red x remains.. with NO picture
BEFORE I publish this post.. I right clicked on the image to find the properties of the 'file' and was returned the following
{The file you requested has not been found at our site.
We suggest that you go to the WWQP at http://quilt.com/Quilt or to the T&T software home page at http://ttsw.com/ and follow the links provided to the page you are looking for.
If you are still having problems, please report it to Webmaster@ttsw.com
We are sorry for any problem this has caused. }
so I am going to publish this post, and try to determine what 'happens'.. lol
Hmmmm.. in Preview there is more information that may help someone help me.. the properties of the uploaded file shows
how would it keep the images seperate.. if there is no attached file name in the path to the file.. hmmmmm
THANKS.
I really want to share a quilt or two . . . .
1 out of 20 tries just is NOT working for me

2 Comments:

  • At February 28, 2007 at 10:37 PM , Blogger Celia in NB said...

    Marci, sorry to see you are having problems posting your pic. I have Windows XP and I was looking at the size of your file and it shouldn't be too big to post. What generally happens when a file is too large it will time out on you, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. The red X would indicate that the picture is not linking, therefore there is nothing to attach to your post. Do you have it saved in your "My Documents" or "My Pictures" files?

    By any chance, you are not trying to attach it from an E-mail are you? If so, you would need to first save it to your own files, then attach it from your post.

    Just a suggestion and I will wait and see what you reply.

    Celia

     
  • At March 1, 2007 at 2:27 PM , Blogger dutchrose said...

    one other thot i had... have you tried several different pictures with the same result? i often use process of elimination for problem solving. if for some reason it's only THAT picture that won't post we could narrow it down a bit. if it's ALL pictures, then some more detective work is in order.
    dutchrose

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home