WWQP Bulletin Board

Friday, February 2, 2007



Hi Again--Groundhogs Day Feb. 2


I really like this photo addition, so ya'll might get tired of seeing me! ;-) I posted a quilt on down the page that my Great-grandmother made. This one was either made by her, my grandmother, or my Great-grandmother's sister. I wish I had listened better or wrote it down. This was probably made in the 30's or 40's. Love the "bubblegum" pink!!! I slept under this one too! It just has that wonderful "feel".


Just received a quilt back from the machine quilter this afternoon and "LOVE" it!!! I pieced it and she did all the quilting. It is for the American Heart Association Heart Guild. They have a big fund-raising event every March, and our guild, The Heart of Dixie Quilters' Guild, make their quilt using blocks the children have drawn/written on. This is the 20th Anniversary of this event, so it included 20 children's blocks! I will post some photos later, haven't taken any yet as I still need to do the binding... It is great when you can tell the quilter to just quilt it like you think... I haven't seen any of her quilts that I haven't liked. She had it laid out for a few days so it could "speak" to her... It had a lot to say!
Hope everyone is staying warm! It has been a lot colder here than it has been. Have a quilty week-end. I will be staying warm putting the binding on the quilt! :-)
Kathy
From Alabama

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home