WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, February 3, 2007

Creative Mess is Better Than Idle Neatness






Milli has shown us that sharing photos of our workspaces can be interesting so I'm going to be a copycat. I loved the colorful cat hanging on the wall in Milli's sewing room and wonder if it is her "creative cat" that inspires her when she gets stuck? I have a "fabric fairy" hanging in my sewing room (on the fabric bulletin board behind my ironing table in my second photo) and I have a "When I Am an Old Woman" doll as well. But the rest of my Clutter Room (note the capital "C" and capital "R") shows that I believe in creative mess and am not ashamed to show it off.

Photos of neat and tidy sewing rooms would be OK for this blog but photos of messy ones would be cool, too. I currently have three works-in-progress: a baby quilt waiting for the baby to be born so I can stitch on birth date and birth statistics, a couch quilt waiting to be machine quilted and a challenge piece that has a deadline at the end of March. Three WIPs isn't bad .... right?

Judy

3 Comments:

  • At February 3, 2007 at 9:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I like what you're using for an ironing board. I'm going to look around and see if I can make a spot for that. The folding one can go out and there is that space underneath for more fabric.
    Milli

     
  • At February 3, 2007 at 10:27 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Hi, Milli,

    The idea for my ironing table came from Judy Martin's website. She has a tour of her sewing room at http://www.judymartin.com/Sewing-Room-Judy.cfm and while my ironing table doesn't really look like hers it could pass as a "cousin". :-) My base was made from Rubbermaid closet organizers I bought at Lowe's and the top was assembled by my DH and DF working as a team one weekend.

    Judy

     
  • At February 4, 2007 at 11:29 PM , Blogger Celia in NB said...

    Judy that's not a messy room. It's lovely! I too, like the wide ironing board idea. Will check Judy Martin's site out.
    Celia

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home