WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, January 6, 2011

King-size batting

Is anyone else having trouble finding king-size batting? I usually buy Fairfield Traditional or Hobbs Poly-Down and have been buying it at Hobby Lobby and Michaels using their coupons. Apparently they are not carrying king-size any more - guess it takes up too much room. And I've also noticed that the space they devote to batting is getting smaller and smaller. Batting at quilt shops is so much more expensive. I've searched online and the cheapest I've found is Connecting Threads (their shipping is relatively low also). Anyone have other sources? Thanks! NancyH

2 Comments:

  • At January 6, 2011 at 11:23 PM , Blogger Phyllis in Minnesota said...

    How about JoAnn's or Hancock with their 40% off coupon? Keep watching JoAnn's website because sometimes they will offer their 40% off coupon and free shipping. If you buy from Connecting Thread there is free shipping with orders over $50.00. As a last resort you could consider stitching 2 twin size together.

     
  • At January 6, 2011 at 11:36 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Thanks, Phyllis - I did find that my JoAnn's local store had Mountain Mist in King Size, so I'm going there with my coupon tomorrow. It's not my favorite but it'll do. I've pieced batting together before - I was just trying to avoid it if I could. Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home