WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Special Fabrics Produced For The Benefit of Project Linus

Last year at International Quilt Market in Houston the two women who head up Project Linus met with well known fabric designer Patrick Lose and recruited him to design some fabrics for their good cause. He agreed to do this and Avlyn is manufacturing the fabrics.

Read more about it at http://www.projectlinus.org/fabrics.html

These fabrics will be carried by your local quilt shops and a percentage of the wholesale price will be donated to Project Linus. I checked out www.quiltshops.com today and didn't see any "Komfort Kids" fabrics offered for sale yet .... and none at www.equilter.com either. Guess I'll have to keep looking for an online source for I know I'm not gonna find it in my small town.

Got a very nice announcement in the mail today and also the notification came in my Project Linus email digest for coordinators today. The notice on the Linus website first appeared yesterday. I suppose all of this is a bit of "jumping the gun" and perhaps they expect us to hassle the local quilt shops to carry the fabrics .....

Judy in Ohio, PL coordinator for Marion County

1 Comments:

  • At June 23, 2009 at 2:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    this is June, and I still can't find a shop that is carrying the fabric. Can anyone offer some help?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home