WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sharon Schamber

I think this woman is a genius, and a very good teacher. I sold one of my old sewing machines last spring and used some of the money from that to join her web site. I've learned so much from her videos there, and the ones on YouTube. I've been using a lot of her techniques. They really help with accuracy. I may never use pins again. I'm using the Elmer's Washable School Glue instead. My free-motion quilting has improved immensely since I quilted half a dozen charity quilts using her exercises to practice. I got the Halo and a Supreme Slider. Makes a huge difference for me. There are at least 20 free videos on her web site, also, at http://www.sharonschambernetwork.com/

NAYYY,

Pat in Rockport, TX

3 Comments:

  • At October 17, 2008 at 7:52 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Pat, is the Supreme Slider similar to the Sew Slip? (You can view that at www.sewslip.com if you've never seen one before.) I have a Sew Slip II and really like mine even though I kind of gagged at the expense when I bought it.

    Judy

     
  • At October 18, 2008 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Pat in Rockport, TX said...

    Wow, that's less expensive and bigger! I just ordered one. Looks very much like the Supreme Slider. Thanks for the info, Judy.

    Pat in Rockport, TX

     
  • At October 21, 2008 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    You are very welcome. I appreciated learning Sharon's tip on using an embroidery needle for free motion work ... I had been using a topstitch needle and using an embroidery needle is an improvement. Goes to show us old female dogs can learn new tricks. :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home