WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Flooding


I have never been so happy to live to live on top of a hill! The flooding is unbelieveable! Having an 11 mile stretch of I-94 closed due to flooding is just crazy.


On another topic, I finished quilting a t-shirt quilt for the elementary art teacher at our school who retired after 38 YEARS of service. I will try to attach a picture, but I am not very computer savvy. My friend Kim pieced the quilt and for her first t-shirt quilt I think she did an awesome job.


Another quilt shop is closing here and another one also just 22 miles away. Our choices are shrinking and I will now work even harder to help the remaining shops. I actually saw someone at a shop who was sketching a quilt rather than buying the pattern. I said something to the gal at the counter and she asked the woman to stop--now here's the kicker--it was a $3.00 pattern in the clearance bin. I know gas is 4.00+ now but this is crass. Something needs to give...... Enough of a rant, lets see if I can post that picture. Wow this part is easy, let's see if it actually posts!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home