WWQP Bulletin Board

Friday, February 22, 2008

My Latest -- Log Cabin Quilt in the Making


This past year has been a non-quilt year for me. Somehow I lost my enthusiasm. However, I've recently begun sewing again and here are a dozen blocks for a new log cabin quilt. The individual strips are 1 inch after sewn in place. The blocks are six inches square. I love that first photograph for it helps you see more clearly how the end product will look. The fabrics here are gleaned from shirts. You can see that sometimes I place a fabric on the diagonal. To keep it from stretching during the stitching process, I first spray with starch, then press, then cut.

These blocks are not yet stitched to each other, but are simply arranged for the photo.

JudyPete

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At February 23, 2008 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Bunny in IL said...

    JP, I had enlarged the photo of your quilt (blocks) the other day to get a closer look. DH looked over my shoulder and said, "Wow, what a beautiful quilt! Where does she get that cool fabric?" If the quilt had been one I was working on, it would have been claimed on the spot. I love it, too. Bunny

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home