WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Thank you, Judy

Thank you Judy, for your help in figuring out my backing measurements. I don't know how you did it, but you were right on the money. I haven't actually cut the fabric yet--have to get ds off to college this week--but I did cut out the paper pieces and they were exactly right.

I appreciate that you took the time to figure out what I needed. Was rather surprised that no one else hopped aboard. But I for one appreciate Sue & Eric for providing this forum. A lot of quilty things get answered here!!!

I used to use the Classified pages A LOT & wish they were also still operable. I've gone to the new page, but have no clue how to use it or if anyone actually is buying or selling on it.

Anyway, I just wanted you, Judy, to know that you are appreciated!!!

2 Comments:

  • At August 4, 2007 at 8:00 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    I'm sitting here blushing because I just sketched some approximate stuff on graph paper. If you had had the graph paper in front of you and I had had your telephone number I could have talked you through it. We might have had a giggling session or two but I could have coaxed you into figuring it out with graph paper, scissors and scotch tape.

    Remember to add seam allowances before you cut anything and "measure twice and cut once" as any old carpenter would say. :-)

    The graph paper doodling gene runs in my family ... my DF did radar work in the US Navy during WW II (plotting stuff on radar screens) and my DS has a PhD in geometry.

    Judy

     
  • At August 8, 2007 at 12:12 PM , Blogger dutchrose said...

    Thank you Judy, for your help in figuring out my backing measurements... I appreciate that you took the time to figure out what I needed. Was rather surprised that no one else hopped aboard.

    well i can say for myself, and probably other BBers, that judy is well known for not only her help but also her attention to detail. once she posted, i surely didn't feel a need to add anything else ;)
    dutchrose ---{-@

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home