WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Machines


I think I have 23 treadles and about 14 hand crank machines right now, plus some electric ones--some 221s (Featherweights), a 222 (the free-arm Featherweight), some 301s (slant needle straight stitch machines) and a 319 in a nice desk from 1956, and maybe a few more around. One of these days I'll have to take a count again, and I really have to put some of the duplicates on eBay. This pic is of 6 of the 7 treadles in the living room--one of the couches is off the pic to the right, so the two treadles behind it are doubling as sofa tables, LOL. The two on the left closest to the camera are in what is called parlor cabinets.
Pat in Rockport, TX, who hopes to get some stitching done on one of the studio treadles this afternoon, making baby quilts.

2 Comments:

  • At August 5, 2007 at 6:43 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Pat, you must have some of those old Boye Brand needle and shuttle display cases full of the wooden tubes with the different sizes of needles and shuttles as well. I have one hanging on the wall in my sewing room and, once upon a time, I was actually able to help a long-ago BB member who needed a funky needle for her off-brand treadle machine. That was a "good deed" moment that gave me a grin.

    Judy

     
  • At August 6, 2007 at 6:45 PM , Blogger Pat in Rockport, TX said...

    Yes, I have collected 5 of them, one with the wooden base, and have sold some needles from time to time to folks looking for them to get their machines sewing again. It helps me be able to get needles for my old beauties. And I have done swaps, too.

    Pat

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home