WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Aches in the Fingers

I suspect that most of us ladies and gentlemen for that matter, of a certain age, have achy hands. Most of my joints all over ache at one time or another and sometimes acutely. Whoever posted about taking aspirin but preferring prednisone, please see a rheumatologist. Family docs are inclined to full around with arthritis and they are not qualified to do so. There are numerous things you can do for arthritis pain between aspirin and prednisone. The latter, over a prolonged period, thins bones big time. A lot of aspirin can do a number on your stomach. On the occasions I've had to take prednisone for pneumonia that persisted my joints felt great but it just about made me crazy with mood swings. I am currently taking Celebrex and am fortunate that I suffer no side effects. Not everyone is so lucky. I still ache but I can manage to live my life as long as I keep up the exercise. When I had my knee replaced 2.5 years ago I had to go off the Celebrex for two weeks beforehand and I found out to my very great discomfort just how effective it is. I experienced way more that mere aches. Ouch!

Jane in NC

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home