WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A Waning Competitor

This gardening season has really made my hands very, very achey. Aspirin helps some but prednisone helps more. And then I look at the quilts from the National Quilting Association's 2007 show held recently in Columbus, Ohio, and I consider the hours and hours and days and days and weeks and weeks of work the quilters put into their entries and I am disheartened.

You can view some photos of quilts at that show taken by Sophie, a quilter on the About.com quilting forum by going to her online album at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sophiejunction/sets/72157600328431114/


My achey hands do not want to do all of the work needed to maintain a lovely perennial garden plus create a competitive wall hanging. I am going to choose the garden and say "Fiddle-dee-dee" to the idea of entering any more quilt contests.

Too many birthdays are playing a number on my fingers but I will still make Linus quilts and other easy projects. I will still wade through my stash creating havoc in this sewing room but no project will require the intense amounts of time that are needed to dazzle today's judges .... I will leave the thrill of dazzling to others.

Judy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home