WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Fixing Postings on the BB

Rosey and I have corresponded by email for years (and I snail-mailed her a paper-piecing lesson ages ago but I don't think that worked LOL). That is why I felt she would not be too terribly annoyed by my suggestion about erasing her alpaca posting on the BB. Since we BBers are now 21st century bloggers, this version of the WWQP BB is such a delight compared to the old version .... we can change our minds and change our postings with a click of the mouse. Here's what I sent to Rosey:

---------
You go to the page where you make your new posting entry and right above the pane where you can type your new message there's a tab sticking up that says "Edit Posts" or something like that. (I use a Mac so I suspect that what I see is not the same thing as what Windows users see). When you get to the Edit Posts page there should be a great long "grocery list" of all the postings from all the BBers, starting with the most recent, and you will have the option to either edit your postings or even delete any one of yours. Tick the box in front of it and click the "delete" box after it and it'll be gone.

You cannot delete mine. Tee hee.

No matter how tempted you are to obliterate someone you cannot delete the postings of another BBer, just your own.
------

See, I let Rosey know she couldn't erase me. :-) If you ever make a posting you are not happy with once you see it on the BB you can go back and erase it and then go to the "Create" pane and start over again. Or you can edit it and erase certain parts.

That's why blogging is such an improvement over our old WWQP BB.

Judy

3 Comments:

  • At April 16, 2007 at 6:22 AM , Blogger Jane in NC said...

    Thanks for your help. I suspect everyone else thanks you as well.

    Jane

     
  • At April 16, 2007 at 9:41 AM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    In the early 1960s I was a fifth grade teacher in a big city school. I loved that job until I was overwhelmed by a classroom of 26 boys and 13 girls and had an incompetent principal who could not have disciplined a naughty bunny rabbit. To cut a long story short, once a teacher, always a teacher. LOL

    Judy

     
  • At April 16, 2007 at 2:12 PM , Blogger Beth in Syracuse said...

    that's funny. reading your response I thought, "you can tell she's a teacher." --thought in a good way. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home