WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, April 15, 2007

TRYING THE CORRECT BOARD THIS TIME

I just did the same darned thing Rosey did. Here it is:

Perhaps Judy can tell me how to fix the large boo-boo on that kid post. I'm afraid people won't realize that if the scroll all the way down they can access the preceding posts. I've also managed to post a duplicate comment today so perhaps I shouldn't be posting again at all.I am still very exhausted from the visit but wouldn't trade it in for anything. If I could stand the density of population and the climate I'd move closer to them. My guild has welcomed kids and several members have helped classroom teachers who want to do a quilt activity with the kids. One of our members leads a 4-H quilt club which meets in the class room of another member's quilt shop. There is real concern in this area of the country about preserving and passing on the Southern Appalachian culture and arts so there are many efforts being made in that area. I am also so pleased to see youngsters being mentored by the self taught musicians who perform everything from medieval ballads to blue grass. My neighbor, a house painter and craftsman who makes his own banjos, guitars and mandolins has taken a local boy under his wing. That boy has won regional awards and loves what he's doing. He's about the same age as my grandsons. Our guild show, like so many others, has a special youth category in our show. They all get some special recognition just for entering. There is a man in our guild who, after retiring from engineering, has taught himself to quilt and has brought his lovely granddaughter to the table as well. That is one lucky girl. The two of them are joined at the hip. I gather that he and his wife are more parents to her than her parents. She told me once that they "weren't very involved" in her life.Now let's see if I can post this correctly in the right place and only once.Jane in NC where they are predicting very high winds, possibly up to 60mph and up to an inch of snow at elevations above 3000 ft. I'm at 2900 ft.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home