WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, February 3, 2007

Last studio pics, and Shop Hop




Okay, I promise, I won't put any more studio pictures in. The door in the back behind the fan goes to the kitchen, and the other door to the front yard. Below, you can see the door to the back yard near the washer and dryer. My cutting/basting table is above, and some of my hand crank machines are on the shelves. They are really nice for paper foundation piecing, since I have perfect control of every stitch they take.

On another note, four of the quilt shops in our area had a Shop Hop this week. Our quilt guild hired a bus to do the rounds. We started at our shop here in town, Golden Needles and Thread, where we picked up our "passports". I had just received an electric bill Friday for $411, so resolved to not spend much. I bought two fat quarters at each shop. We left town at 9:20 am for Port Lavaca's shop. It was a good hour's drive there. I hadn't been to any of the other three shops before. From Port Lavaca, it was up to Blessing, another hour away. (Remember this is Texas, folks, it's a long way to go anywhere) We had lunch there at a very old hotel, and time at the lovely quilting shop, too. Then, it was on to Victoria, TX to the last shop on the tour. Those folks really went all out--they watched for the bus, and had warm cookies coming out of the microwave when we walked in, bless their hearts, along with some dips, crackers, and cheeses. And I won a packet of 9 fat quarters there! All in all, it was a most enjoyable day, 47 enthusiastic quilters having a ball. We're encouraging the shops to do it again soon.

Pat in Rockport, TX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home