WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, February 12, 2007

A Gentle Reminder - I'll post on both boards

I had an experience on another board last week that made me think I should post to all the groups I'm associated with. Apparently someone who I finally had eliminated from my list of people who had my current email address asked if anyone had heard from me. Instead of someone contacting me to find out if I wanted my address and info forwarded on, they did it without my knowledge.

Now I'm back in the same spot as the one I finally had extricated myself from. I have unsubscribed from that group and will block the unwanted emails, but I just wanted to remind everyone on the groups that it's not always a good idea to be so helpful. Be sure you check with the person involved to find out if it's OK to send on information.

Off my soapbox.

Kathi

1 Comments:

  • At February 12, 2007 at 5:41 PM , Blogger Celia in NB said...

    Kathi, I do agree with you wholeheartedly, and I am sure your comment was only intended as a polite request. I have had a similar experience in the past and eventually had to change my E-mail addy to put a stop to it. I know it is probably only done as a kind gesture, but creates a nuisance if you have not been asked about it prior to volunteering someone else's information.

    My comment does absolutely not apply to anyone who knows my present addy.

    Thanks Kathi for bringing that up.

    Celia

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home