WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Eleanor Burns talk

Sundy afternoon. I should be naping on the couch, but the phone rang just as I was drifting off.
Our weekend quilt retreat was over this noon with a brunch and talk by Eleanor Burns. I took haer class of "My quick trip", and it was fun. I have 1/2 the top done, hopefully will remember the instructions, so can do the other half and match it up.
She was to give a talk and trunk show for the brunch. There was a problem with the audio in the banquet room, lots of squeels and feedback on the equipment. The music never worked. She was a trooper though, and kept right on going. At one point she said to the guild president, "If I were you, I wouldn't pay me for this talk---Oh, I've already been paid." Her method of doing the trip around the world quilt is really fast. I think I want to go more artsy though, and bought a book of Fast Fusing Fun.
It was a fun weekend, I gained all kind of weight from the chocolate--and lots of fun with quilty people from all over.
Back to reality, going to gather all the stuff for doing the taxes. We pay about 33% of our income in assorted takes, city, county, federal, telephone, etc. Not to mention sales tax. Good grief! Think of all the fabric and goodies I could buy with that money. Well, I like having paved roads, the garbage pick up, the electric, and having a phone and hot water, so won't do too much complaining.
Going to run out to Wally-Mart in my sweat pants, hopefully won't run into anyone I know.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home