WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, January 29, 2007

SHIRT QUILTs


Hi, it's exciting to be on the new BB. I've been a quilting sluggard lately, but several years ago I began making what I call my shirt quilts. I use the 100% cottons found in men's shirts and women's blouses, and find them at yard sales and thrift shops. I always look for garments that have a high thread count and whose collars and cuffs are in near-new condition. There's a famous quilter who makes shirt quilts, too, so I guess great ideas come to great minds simultaneously. I can't remember her name (Duh!) but I did see her on a TV quilt program one morning and was startled that a famous quilter liked my idea of using shirt fabrics!!! Welcome aboard, all you BB quilters, posters and lurkers!

5 Comments:

  • At January 29, 2007 at 11:28 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Fantastic looking quilt! The way you randomly mixed up all of those strips of plaids and checks is so brave and yet it all worked out looking great! Being able to click on and enlarge the photos on this blog is providing eye candy for all of us. :-)

    Judy

     
  • At January 30, 2007 at 7:39 AM , Blogger LEW said...

    Love that quilt, and all the others you have made by being thrifty.

     
  • At January 30, 2007 at 8:53 AM , Blogger Celia in NB said...

    Very pretty quilt Judy. Thanks for sharing.
    Celia

     
  • At January 30, 2007 at 9:51 AM , Blogger Beverley said...

    Super quilt Judy. I love Log Cabins. Still haven't made one, but did a class on folded logs last summer. It uses a LOT of Fabric though.
    Stripey Bear.

     
  • At February 1, 2007 at 10:58 AM , Blogger QM Judy said...

    Great selection of Lights. They can be hard to find. Somewhat easier if you use darker Darks for contrast; then some of the Mediums can be called Light.
    When I go to fabric sales, I chant my mantra as I go in: Let there be Lights!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home