WWQP Bulletin Board

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Quilts in Progress

So what has everyone got in the works right now? I'm thinking ahead to my next project and have a few spinning around in my head, just haven't decided which one to start. Right now I'm finishing up a quilt made for a gal at work. It's made of her grandmother's clothing and she wanted it made for her mother's birthday in March. I'm ready to start machine quilting it, but since I share my sewing room with my kids (they have a couch and t.v. with the video games attached to it on one half of the room and I have my machines and stash on the other side) I can't always use the machine to sew. Oh, I guess I could, but when they are up there with a friend of the opposite sex, they get a little touchy about Mom being in the room! Sooo...I usually have some hand quilting going at the same time as machine work. I just finished the top for my son's guitar quilt that I'm going to hand quilt. It was my first and probably only attempt at applique'. I started hand quilting it last night, but I needed to make a couple stencils of music notes and I was too tired to try and draw by that time.

I am still hoping to get some orders for more of the 6" block quilts. I have a price set for them, at least for the time being. As long as I'm working with fabric out of my stash, I can charge a certain amount, but when I have to start buying (probably in a decade or so...) I'll have to charge more. I'm considering making a website of my own to show off some of my work and possibly get orders. Anyone got any suggestions on how and where to create a website?

Hope everyone is keeping warm! It's cold here today and we had a dusting of snow overnight.

Tammy K. in Illinois

2 Comments:

  • At January 30, 2007 at 3:00 PM , Blogger Diane said...

    I've just finished a 55" square 1930's fabric quilt that was a kit - six inch churn dash and plain blocks alternating, with a triangle border.

    Next to be quilted is a "New Trip Around the World" - pieced from an original ca.1935 "die-cut" kit a friend's great-aunt purchased but never put together. So does 70+ years count as the longest running UFO? LOL

     
  • At January 31, 2007 at 6:05 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

    Tammy, re: your own website, check first with your own internet service provider. Some, like mine,(comcast) offer more space than others, and some do not require you to learn HTML. If you choose one that does require you to learn it, there are free lessons online. One thing you will need to learn is how to resize photos, I think (me who has not been able to do that yet). Keep us posted. Lavinia-TN

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home