WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

lonna in wi

This blog (whoever thinks of this website lingo??) is all new for me but think once all the kinks are worked out, it will be fun.
There was ladies who mentioned their first quilt. I started when I found some material from scraps a lady had in a rummage sale. It was in a garage bag and I bought it. Cut it into stripes and sewed them together on squares of muslin that had an inch in the middle "open". Made several blocks and sewed them together. Our youngest son asked what I was going to do with it and I had no idea and since he took an interest in it, I gave it to him for Christmas. It was tied with DMC thread since that was what my mom had done with her quilt that she made for a wedding gift to her sister. Our son still uses that quilt.
Weather is very cold here and be the weekend, it'll get even colder with minus readings. DH went to the grocery store to get some needed supplies and we plan to stay inside and keep warm until it gets into the plus temperature again. Actually the minus readings isn't too bad if there isn't any wind.
Enjoy the day. Later Lonna in Wi

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home