WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Still Working on my "Wonky Star"


I am still working on the "Wonky Star" wall hanging project that I'll be sending off to Bunbury, Western Australia sometime in early 2012 and this is the latest photo I have to offer. Proportions for the center are not right and perhaps the colors are not right .... feel free to offer your opinions because the center circle parts are merely pinned on the design wall. (The spikes are sewn in place and are not changeable.)

I have been dithering over the center of this thing for about a week but my DD (also a quilter) is coming to visit today and perhaps she will prove that "two heads are better than one" and give me some sound advice.

Judy in Ohio

3 Comments:

  • At September 25, 2011 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

    You know that my brain doesn't "do" wonky well, but you might just try offsetting those circles to the side of the center and see what that looks like. Kind of like they bounced around in the middle and didn't come back.

    Kathi

     
  • At September 25, 2011 at 11:06 AM , Blogger Jean at Mill Bay said...

    What does it look like if you reverse the polka dots and the orange circles? I do love what you are doing!
    Jean

     
  • At September 25, 2011 at 1:46 PM , Blogger judy in ar said...

    The innermost circle is ok, I think that alone is closer to the proportion needed. The big black dots and orange seem way too big to me. They overtake the whole project so that the detail of the spokes is completely lost. I mean, what you see is the huge more solid circles and not the spokes. Depends on where you want the focus.

    JMHO!!
    judy in ar

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home