WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, March 21, 2011

Working on a Sandi Irish Kit


Our BB's Sandi Irish is a respected designer and she makes well-written kits that are a delight to work with. No confusion with Sandi, everything is clear and straightforward in her instructions.

I have a British friend who is the classic "mad English gardener" and I've been looking for years for an idea for a "couch quilt" to make for her. I found it in a Keepsake Quilting catalog not too long ago in the form of a kit called "In Bloom". (Go to Keepsake Quilting and type the words "In Bloom Kit" in their search box.)

Here's my progress thus far. I need to add three more pieced triangles on the sides and a two more borders and I will have a most elegant medallion quilt to send off to England after I quilt it on my HandiQuilter Avante.

I thought I should show you this kit-in-progress before they are all sold out at KQ. Spring has come to Ohio and I might start playing in the dirt soon and thus get distracted from "gardening in the sewing room" by gardening in the backyard. Who knows when I'll get this finished and ready to show off for real? :-)

Here's the URL to Keepsake quilting so you can see the kit:

http://www.keepsakequilting.com/productdetail/4911/----IN-BLOOM-KIT-.htm

Judy in Ohio

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home