WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

sewing table

I bet if you google sewing table or sewing machine cabinet you will get lots of free plans. I'm sure I have a plan from years ago, but dh never got around to building it. . . . However, when I got my computer sewing machine, he bought the cabinet with it which is a Parsons. It has lots of room to the right that you can fold up if you don't want. I love the desk aspect with drawers down the side. The left side can also be folded down or up. I had him remove the door in front of the drawers. My machine is always open and I want instant access!!

One thing I like is the measuring rule painted or finished right into the wood in front of the machine.

I never equated the drag on the quilt being due to a straight front. I'm always having to lift the quilt up off my lap to feed freely. I, too, have a much easier time with baby quilts, pillows or wall quilts or anything I can stitch in the ditch. Years ago I machine quilted shapes in the blank squares of a huge quilt. I have no idea how I did it, must have been naivity, cuz I sure can't manage it now.

My cabinet has the hydrolic lift for raising and lowering the machine for free arm or not. Love that feature!!!

judy in ar

1 Comments:

  • At October 13, 2010 at 1:21 PM , Blogger angela said...

    Hi Judy,
    I just want to let you know that you've won the signed copy of "From Spain with Love" book by Roberta Cardew. Can you please contact me at funfabrics@aol.com? I've announced it on our blog... robertacardew.blogspot.com.
    Thank you so much!
    Angie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home