WWQP Bulletin Board

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Red and White Quilt

Thanks Laura! First, the red fabric is JoAnn's Country Classic solid. Before I cut it, I soaked it in vinegar and cold water for an hour and then washed it in cold water with regular laundry detergent. Once the quilt was done, I used 2 teaspoons of Synthrapol and hot water in my washing machine (per the instructions on the bottle) and let it soak for about an hour. The soaking part isn't on the bottle, but I wanted to be extra cautious.) I then just ran it through the gentle wash cycle and then I washed it again in cold water with quilt soap. I dried it in the dryer on high heat. I like to use cotton batting that isn't pre-shrunk and then dry the finished quilt after the first wash to get the puckered, old fashioned look. Just personal preference. I usually hang the quilts to dry after the first time to save on wear and tear. I was so happy the red didn't run!
Janell

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home