WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, November 11, 2007

T-Shirt Quilt Interfacing


Some time ago Shelli asked about interfacing T-shirt quilts. I like to use a lightweight woven interfacing. I feel the woven interfacing gives the T-shirt fabric the same qualities as the fabrics with which they are set together. The brand, as I recall (60 something memory, as I do not have the interfacing in front of me) is Stacy flex put out by Pellon. It does make for a heavy quilt, but most are for memories and not always slept under. Although, I must say, I slept under my son-in-laws T-shirt quilt recently and found it quite cozy.

3 Comments:

  • At November 12, 2007 at 11:30 AM , Blogger lonna in wi said...

    I love the setting you chose for that quilt. My husband likes eagles and has shirts now that are fraying around the neck and has thrown them out. I have picked them up and saving them for a future quilt. Thank you for the interfacing information since I think I will try it on the shirts. LONNA

     
  • At November 12, 2007 at 11:50 AM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    One tip, Lonna .... iron the interfacing on before you cut the "art" off the T-shirt. Cut away the back and the sleeves but then iron the interfacing (I use the lightweight kind for blouse collars and facings) on before you cut out your square or rectangle of "art". That knit jersey fabric sure does want to curl up if it isn't glued down. :-)

    Judy

     
  • At November 13, 2007 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

    This setting is truly interesting! I can't recall seeing it before. I'm working on a quilt top with blocks from others and am thinking this setting might work out great. Thanks for showing the quilt and for sharing the directions too!
    Mary in Oregon

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home