WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, January 7, 2007

First Quilts

Posted for: Lynn/TX

I love the postings about the first quilts! My first was in 1970- half-square triangles-fabrics too heavy- hand quilting sts WAY too long. Was for DS#2- he's loved it almost to death including a rather large hole in it. He gave it back to me this year and asked me to applique a bandaide over the hole, which I did. Now am ripping out the awful stitches and re-quilting it on the machine. 2nd quilt was no better- 100% polyester top and back- churn dash- at least the points matched. Put it in a home-made frame- cat slept on it- stretched a huge salad bowl in the center that I can't get out- It's now in a box in the closet half quilted (at least the stitches are better on this one.) THEN I bought a book. The rest is history.
Happy stitching everybody. Lynn/TX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home