WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, January 7, 2007

My First Quilt & Clothesline

Posted for: Sandra from SC

My first quilt was made when I was 16. It was made of 6" embroidered blocks of animals doing different activities on white cotton. Narrow sashing and the backing were also of the same cotton. I think it was 3 blocks by 4 and it was large enough to lay inside of a child's carrier. I packed it away and three years later I used it for my first child. She now has it.

I too have a clothesline and would not be without one. I love to hang out clothes and see them blowing in the wind. My white towels and washcloths were gleeming white today while flapping in the wonderful breezy cool weather. Mine is built of two heavy duty iron T post that are six feet high, strung with two lengths of 25 foot wire.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home